Here’s an exercise to try with your team (that I believed I learned at a conference) focused on Quality and Value.
- Create the following signs:
- Quality = Value
- Quality < > Value
- Quality inside of Value
- Value inside of Quality
- Value overlapping Quality (think venn diagram overlap)
- Hang the signs around a room
- Prompt the team to go to the sign that they believe best represents the relationship between Quality and Value
- Have each individual sign group discuss why they chose that one
- Have a representative for each sign group share why they choose that one
- Ask questions for a large debrief. These questions should help the team address misalignment or challenges they are facing. For example:
- When might each sign be correct?
- What challenges might occur within the team with these different views?
- What questions does this raise for you?
What did your team discover?