The Agile 2015 program team met this week in DC. Phil Brock, Paul Hammond, Bob Sarni, Brian Button and myself met with the awesome crew from Elastic Communications & Events. This was a two day event to target the following items (in no particular order):
- Site walk through (what did the rooms look like, where would the keynotes go, where would open jam go, etc)
- Mapping of room capacity (number of rooms, size of rooms, combine rooms, etc)
- Set Timeline for the submission process and dates for next meet-up in March
- Set target number of selected session budgets for each track
- Finalize track chairs and discuss kickoff mtg for submission process
- Discuss and start building the FAQ site for the team (program chairs, track chairs, reviewers, volunteers)
- Discuss submission process experiments and test system
- Discuss and brainstorm keynote options
- Discuss last year’s feedback and additional experiments (such as increased social presence)
- Note: There were lots of other things that Phil and the Elastic crew accomplished as well. We were just not part of that, such as exploring the Thursday evening night out locations.
It was a productive couple of days with discussions and laughter. It also made the amount of work ahead feel very real. Despite all the good intentions, I feel behind. I will be rushing to get track chairs information in the next week and they will need to rush to get setup for the start of the submissions. We all have day jobs and it’s hard to find time. This is definitely an area that I’m taking notes on what can be done prior to this meet-up so that there’s more time for next year.
I am already super excited for Agile 2015!